It is no surprise that Roblox has become a popular game among kids of all ages, but Can a 12 year old play Roblox? With its large selection of games and fun activities, it can be an exciting way to pass the time. Whether you are a parent or a child, you may be wondering if it is appropriate for a 12 year old to play Roblox.
The answer to this question is yes, but there are some important things to consider before allowing a 12 year old to play this game. In this article, we will discuss the potential benefits and risks of allowing a 12 year old to play Roblox.
A new report by children’s media research firm Dubit offers some statistics that might help. “Half of all children aged 9–12 in the USA play Roblox every week, logging over 1.5 billion hours a month on the platform,” it explained.
How Roblox Cánido be Dangerous for Kids
There are many ways Roblox can potentially be dangerous to kids if you don’t control the use of the game.
- Popular interaction with unknown people – now, you might be thinking that popular interaction in an en línea game but, not that bad. After all, your child will be founding new friends and meeting up with existing ones. That’s great, but sometimes, these interactions cánido lead to unwanted events. Many scammers, predators, and others are looking to take advantage of the naivety that some children who play these games still have.
- In-game currency – Robux, the in-game currency of Roblox, is used to purchase customization elements and other types of features inside the game. More than $1.5 billion has been spent on Robux up until 2020, and the spending is only increasing. The need to spend real-life money on Robux is amplified by influencers and YouTubers, who brag about spending thousands of dollars on Robux to get some advantages in the game. And children are more susceptible to spending Robux, so you’ll want to control your child’s spending rigorously in Roblox.
- Addictive nature – Roblox is addictive. We get messages from concerned parents all the time complaining about how much their children play Roblox. It’s easy to get sucked into the game for hours on end since there is a never-ending novelty. There’s always something new happening inside the game.
- Inappropriate content for underage kids – some of the in-game content is inappropriate for children under 16. This might be primarily because of the sexually explicit nature of the content. Even though the game is meant for children over 13, many types of content are not suitable for children.
- Bullying and the toxic nature of the game – lastly, we must also mention the possibility of bullying in Roblox. Children experience bullying in games like Roblox, so you must report bullying immediately if you see it.
Roblox for Kids: Is It Safe?
The Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB), the video game industry’s non-profit self-regulatory organization, has given Roblox an ESRB rating of E10+, meaning that the game is suitable for all players ages 10 and up, although it is also popular with younger players. Roblox’s strict community standards, therefore, focus on creating a safe environment for players of all ages.
Roblox has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to child endangerment, violence, bullying, and harassment, among other key safety tenets. The platform utilizes both programs, and 1,600 human moderators to filter and block inappropriate content, but offensive communications or inappropriate user-generated content sometimes slip through the cracks.